How TAG is Evolving with You
Sunday, June 3, 2018
An Update from the TAG Executive Director
Five months ago, I shared my optimism with you as the incoming Executive Director of TAG.
Today is a moment to check in on our progress: Is technology in philanthropy still on course? Are we equipping our organizations to deliver on mission? Is TAG doing all it can to help?
Over the past five months, you have inspired, challenged, and partnered with me. You’ve helped me prepare the groundwork for a strategic vision in 2019 that leverages the strength of our network to realize the following priorities:
- Build knowledge-sharing partnerships with peer organizations, consultants, tool providers
- Build the next generation of IT leaders in philanthropy
- Set the bar for diversity, equity, and inclusion in our IT organizations
- Assess the current state of the impact ecosystem and collaborate to integrate tools and drive data-sharing
I’m pleased to share that work is well underway to launch new initiatives to support these priorities in 2019.
And yes, I remain relentlessly optimistic about all that we can do. Together.
3 Things to Watch For
In the meantime, 2018 promises several chances to connect and learn. Also, mark your calendars for 5 must-attend events listed at the bottom of this page.
June: Take Our “State of Philanthropy Tech” Survey
Launching in mid June, watch for our “State of Philanthropy IT” survey.
Open to the entire philanthropic sector for participation, this is the survey of the year in #PhilanthropyTech. Covering security, management, blockchain, DEI practices and more, the aggregate results will be shared widely for sector-wide learning, reflection, and action.
Watch for your invite to participate this month.
July: Registration Opens for TAG2018
Our boldest conference yet!
Watch for 3 keynotes this year – including an interactive innovation session by the LUMA Institute.
- REGISTRATION: Registration opens July 15.
- LIGHTNING TALK SUBMISSIONS: Start planning your “Lightning Talk” proposal to join me on stage for a fast-paced series inspired by NTEN.org. Lightning talk submissions open in August.
- SPONSORSHIP: Sponsorship for TAG2018 will open in June. Watch your email for first come, first served limited opportunities.
Learn more about this year’s conference
September: Report on the State of the Impact Ecosystem
Work is well underway on the capstone report for TAG’s Simplify Initiative. Launched in 2015 to raise awareness and adoption of data sharing and tools that simplify grants management, we are capping the initiative with a sweeping landscape analysis of the impact ecosystem.
This retrospective analysis is designed to answer:
- How far have we as grantmakers come in terms of integrating tools and data-sharing initiatives across the full lifecycle of impact?
- Where are the most promising opportunities to work together now?
My deepest thanks to the countless members and partners who have shared their feedback and counsel with me as I build upon the strong legacy of TAG to chart a dynamic course ahead. I look forward to thanking you in person at TAG2018.
Reach out anytime at email@example.com.
Chantal E. Forster
Executive Director, Technology Affinity Group
P.S. If you haven’t joined TAG or need to renew, now’s the time! Join at: https://www.tagtech.org/page/jointag2 or reach out to me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5 Must-Attend Events
Network with your peers and build your knowledge base at these thoughtful events organized with volunteers from the TAG Community: