2020 Emerging Leaders Announced
Monday, December 2, 2019
Global Emerging Leaders in Philanthropy Tech Announced at TAG2019 Conference
The Technology Association of Grantmakers (TAG) is pleased to announce its 2020 Emerging Leaders cohort. The Emerging Leaders Initiative (ELI) is designed to cultivate rising stars and emerging technology leaders in philanthropy in ways that increase innovation and resiliency. Through a series of coaching, mentoring pairings, and educational opportunities, emerging leaders are provided with the expertise and skills needed to further advance their careers and serve the mission of philanthropy.
Announced at TAG2019, the annual conference for technology professionals in philanthropy, the 2020 ELI cohort is a diverse group of information technology, grants management and operational professionals from philanthropic organizations varying in type, size and locale. Selected participants are new in their careers, new in their role, or newly entering the philanthropic sector.
“I am impressed by the caliber of emerging leaders in the 2020 cohort and honored to be supporting the next generation of leaders in philanthropy. Now in its third year, the TAG Emerging Leaders Initiative has seen a swell in interest throughout North America and beyond, so this cohort truly represents the future of leadership in the social sector.”
– Bill Robertazzi, ELI Program Director, TAG
Congratulations to the 2020 Emerging Leaders and thank you to TAG members who’ve volunteered their time and expertise as mentors. Interested in being a mentor in 2021? Volunteer today.
2020 TAG Emerging Leaders
- DEANTE BROWN, Information Technology Associate, Wellspring Philanthropic Fund
- CAITLYN DUER, Grants & System Administrator, The Commonwealth Fund
- SARAH GRADY, Program and Grants Manager, Silver Giving Foundation
- RACHEL CHRISTINE ITWARU, Grants Operations Manager, Salesforce
- MARITA KURIAN, VP, Technology, Michael & Susan Dell Foundation
- SAM LEE, Director of Technology, NoVo Foundation
- BRIAN YIM LIM, Project Manager, Wellcome Trust
- RASHAD MORRIS, IT Operations Coordinator, Greater Milwaukee Foundation
- BRYANT PHILLIPS, Database Administrator, Rhode Island Foundation
- ISABELLE RODAS, Grants Associate, Citi Foundation
Applications for 2021
Mark your calendars. Applications for our 2021 cohort will open in June, 2020.
Strategic leadership in philanthropy depends more than ever upon the thoughtful application of technology to scale our missions but also upon a deep commitment to the human side of IT – to co-creating and co-leading. The Emerging Leaders Initiative cultivates these skills for the benefit of participants, their organizations, and the sector as a whole.
– Chantal Forster, Executive Director, TAG
The Emerging Leaders Initiative by TAG is made possible by grants from Atlantic Philanthropies as well as the generosity of our Sector Steward member organizations. New in 2019, the Sector Steward membership is designed to demonstrate a commitment to sector-wide initiatives. Dues from the $10,000 Sector Steward membership include financial support for TAG’s Emerging Leaders Initiative as well as scholarships for our annual conference.
Thank you to our Sector Steward members:
- Ford Foundation
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Knight Foundation
- MacArthur Foundation
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- The Rockefeller Foundation
- Walton Family Foundation